Dr. William Scott Magill, served with the United States Marine Corp 1965-1971, with the United States Army Medical Corps 1981-1988, with the Denver Police Dept. 1970-1976. He obtained his bachelors of Business Administration from the University of Denver, Masters of Health Care Administration Trinity University in San Antonio, and medical degree from The University of Health Sciences in Kansas City. Dr. Magill matriculated his residency in Ob/Gyn at Tripler Army Medical Center in Honolulu, and served as the Chief of Ob/Gyn at Irwin Army Hospital Ft. Riley Kansas. He was until recently a practicing obstetrician & Gynecologist in Springfield, Missouri for 21 years.” Dr. Magill served as Chairman and CEO of Magill Motivational Media, dedicated to inspiring, motivating and bring to the surface that great love for our nation, which exists in most of her sons and daughters hearts. As an author and lyricist Dr. Magill has authored such pieces as, “Here we go again,” “The Greatest Generation,” “The Requiem of the Brave,” “The Battle Hymn of the Americans,” “Seek ye the Bridge in the Forest,” “The Pledge of Allegiance -, say it with pride, say it with Understanding,” & “The Birth of A Great nation.” His writings and/or interviews have appeared in, The journal of Military Medicine, The Anglican Digest, The Chronicle Republican, Springfield News Leader, The Washington Times and The New York Times, among others.
As a gallant warrior in the cause of liberty, Dr. Magill served as President and Executive Director of an organization, intent on returning the American culture to the beliefs and principles of those 56 men, our Founding Fathers, who pledged their “Lives, fortunes, and sacred honor” that liberty and justice might prevail throughout the ages. Often in speaking engagements he calls upon their words, which speak as loudly to us today as they did when first uttered. Of his favorites include, Daniel Webster, Samuel Adams and Ronald Regan:
“It does not take a majority to prevail… but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” – Samuel Adams
“Hold on, my friends, to the Constitution and to the Republic for which it stands. Miracles do not cluster, and what has happened once in 6000 years, may not happen again. Hold on to the Constitution, for if the American Constitution should fail, there will be anarchy throughout the world.” — Daniel Webster
“If not now, when? If not us, who?” –Ronald Reagan
“It is easier for a patriot to die for his country, than it is for a patriot to live for his country.” –Unknown
Though generally speaking for the cause of liberty and awakening his audience to the urgency of returning to the morality and patriotism of “God and Country,” Dr. Magill took on a new battle in 2006. As a member of the Board of Directors for Missourians Against Human Cloning he spoke across the state of Missouri to a multitude of churches and organizations. He was invited and spoke, with profound effect, to the members of the Missouri House of Representative at a dinner meeting in Jefferson City, Missouri. Subsequently, at the invitation of individual Representatives, he spoke to groups within their districts.
Dr. Magill is the founder and executive Director of Veterans in Defense of Liberty (ViDoL). After 30 years of practice, including some 9000 deliveries, Dr. Magill closed his doors in order to devote all of his efforts to the survival of the U.S Constitution. Dr. Magill stated at that time, “If we can establish, for the first time in American history, that vehicle for American veterans to fulfill their oath, which did not vanish when we took off our uniforms for the last time, this will be a full time effort.” Furthermore he stated, ” This patient we must now save is so vital to the future of humanity it deserves nothing less than 100% effort, for it remains that no price is too great to pay for liberty.” ViDoL’s mission is to:
- To maintain the integrity of our Republic based on correct moral and constitutional principles. Then to use these principles as a criterion of accountability for elected officials.
- To convey to all veterans the urgency of the moment which requires the continued fulfillment of that oath we all swore to, calling upon the name of God. For swearing, by His name, we also made ourselves responsible and accountable to Him for the continued discharge of our duty.
- To secure for ourselves and our posterity the blessings of Liberty, endowed by our Creator and protected by the Constitution of the United States of America.
- To recruit, educate, train and motivate individuals to run for public office who are irrevocably committed to uphold and fight for constitutional principles and the preservation of our Republic.
- To educate ourselves and our fellow Americans, many of whom have been intentionally un-educated, to the truth of the our founding principles and our Constitution which have made America an exceptional nation above all nations.
- To promote conservatism in the tradition of the Founding Fathers.
- To watchdog elected officials and insure their adherence to conservative principles of our Republic.
- To identify and oppose those individuals, groups and agendas that would, knowingly or otherwise, bring about the loss of our freedoms and the destruction of our Republic through the violation of the Constitution and the erosion of the traditional founding values and morals.
- To inform and educate the public regarding correct principles relative to issues and the qualifications of candidates for public office.
What others are saying about Dr. Magill
“Judicial carcinoma is the term coined by the distinguished lecturer and surgeon Dr. Scott Magill …” – Pat Boone
Dr. Scott Magill is a an impassioned speaker who sincerely cares about the future of America. In an era of relativism and political correctness, his moral clarity and conservative values are very inspirational. – Bill Federer , an author of numerous bestsellers and renowned national speaker
“Dr. Scott Magill is a conservative who fervently loves this great nation and the moral principles upon which it was founded. He is an articulate, impassioned speaker whose dedication to preserving our liberty is evident to everyone who has had the honor of meeting him.” – Kenny Hulshof, U. S Congressman (Ret)
Recent Article Postings by Dr. Magill:
Dr. William Magill
Dr. William Magill